Sunday, January 22, 2023

Just Bee Chardonnay tasting

Name: Just Bee chardonnay
Variety: Unspecified, but presumably mostly chardonnay
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2020
Price: $15

 Critic Review

     I couldn't find any critic reviews of this wine, and my friends I tasted it with couldn't either. You can find some more detailed information on this wine at the maker's website, at https://www.justbeewine.com/.

 Wine Folly

According to page 96 of the book, chardonnays often have strong notes of of yellow apple, starfruit, pineapple, vanilla, and butter. The main notes I tasted were honey, and a fruit flavor that I couldn't quite identify. The wine also left a bit of a buttery smell at the back of my mouth, but I only found that after I read it in the book, so that might just be the power of suggestion. I was a bit surprised that I didn't find much of that the book mentioned as a characteristic of California wines.

 Personal Review

    This wine had an enticingly sweet, flowery smell with a bit of pear. The flavor reflected the same light sweetness, but it was pleasantly balanced by a hint of fruity tartness. It had a light, smooth texture that leaves a buttery aftertaste. I didn't pair this wine with any food, but I think it was nice on its own. Overall, I thought this wine was quite good, especially for $15. $5 from every case goes to support bee conservation, so it's a win for the bees too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bread and Butter Merlot tasting

Name: Bread and Butter Merlot Variety: 100% merlot Region: California Country: United States Year: 2019 Price: $17 Critic Review ...