Sunday, January 22, 2023

Blog Intro

  

     Hello and welcome! My name is Josh Pryor, and this is my wine blog for Geography of Wine! I've had some wines before, but I'm far from a connoisseur and I'm looking forward to expanding my experience over the course of this semester. 

    I took a similar class called Geography of Tea last year, and my favorite part of that class was seeing the wide variety of tea in the world and connecting each one we tried to the place that produced it. I think it's fascinating how many different flavors and smells you can get from the same species of plant just by growing it somewhere else, and I'm looking forward to seeing that variety in wine this semester.

    My wine experience mainly comes from having wine at home with my family, but I've recently been doing tastings at a few wineries. Geography of Tea has helped me pick out flavors and smells in wine that I probably would have missed otherwise. I've also noticed that I have a tougher time picking out subtler fruity and chocolatey notes, or other notes that are less common in tea than wine. 

    I like all kinds of wine, but I prefer white wines or lighter bodied red wines when they're not paired with food. I also find darker wines a  more difficult to identify tasting notes in, but I expect that to get easier as I do more tasting. That's about all I have to say about my wine experience, and I can't wait to jump into the class!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bread and Butter Merlot tasting

Name: Bread and Butter Merlot Variety: 100% merlot Region: California Country: United States Year: 2019 Price: $17 Critic Review ...